Tits and Clits Issue 3-7 (3points)

Tits and Clits was intriguing for me as it's pretty obvious that it's an underground comic focused around sex written by and presumably for women. For the most part, I thought the mini-comics within were pretty surprising for the time it was released, especially Issue 3. Having both a same-sex couple as well as pretty decent representation for POC is pretty surprising for a 70s comic, but I'm guessing it might not be as surprising for underground comics. One main point I was thinking about when reading these issues is the general theme of these comics, and whether it was more of a comedy-sex issue or just a general mish-mash of several female sex-focused comics. Most had some semblance of a joke or implied a joke that I either didn't really understand due to the type of humor. 
There were some comics that I felt were more aimed at men, whether unintentionally or not(in a sense). One continuous comic that I felt was seemingly aimed more at men was Bosomic Women. It seemed pretty out of place in all of these comics since it was more about making fun of the protagonist (Bosomic Women) compared to the others. The other comics seem to be making fun of certain sexual situations that characters end up in which may have been more taboo. Although, Bosomic Woman seemed to the tamest. I also noticed that Bosomic Woman's style is similar to those of Jack Kirby and similar artists. It looks more like a traditional comic than any other comic in these issues.

Comments

Popular Posts